Philosophical Questions - Queen Mary's High School
October 2016Next Month
|1||2RS - All Y10 Medical Ethics off timetable all day||3||4|
|5||6||7External Student Family Day||8||9||10Y12 to Y13 Opt in||11|
|12||13||14||15||16Y8 Parents Evening||17||18|
|2||3||4Parent Drop In||5Arts EventHouse DanceSpring Concert||6Staff Training Day||7||8|
|23||24Open Morning||25Head Girl Assembly||26Junior Maths Challenge Y8Open Morning||27||28||29|
|4||5Y12 Normal timetableYear 8 RS Day||6||7||8||9||10|
|18||19||20Y9 Dovedale TripY10 Parents Evening||21||22||23||24|
|25Y7 Transition Evening||26External Student - Sixth Form Student for a Day||27Y10 Carding MilY7 Transition Day||28Reserve Sports Day||29||30|
|2||3Birmingham HE Conference tbc||4||5||6||7||8|
|9||10||11||12||13End of Term||14||15|
- Where does everything come from?
- Are humans different from humans? If so how?
- How do I know what is true?
- Can computers really think?
- Is truth something you feel or do you have to prove it?
- Can wisdom be taught?
- If event A is happening at the same time as event B, must event B be happening at the same time as event A?
- Could any animal be kept as a pet?
- The word ‘science’ comes from the Latin scio, meaning ‘I know’. If you know just anything, does that make you a scientist?
- Is there life elsewhere?
- If we define fear as ‘something that can hurt us’, why are we afraid of spiders.
- If you take one grain away from a mound of sand, when does it cease to be a mound?
- Why don’t we have just one ear in the middle of our face?
- If a park has a no vehicles sign, are you breaking the law if you take a pram into it?
- Would you rather be a novel or a poem?
- Can history stop the next war?
- If you are not in California, how do you know it exists?
- Tell me about a banana.