Science Year 9
- To stimulate interest in and enjoyment of the study of science.
- To develop essential knowledge and understanding of the concepts of science, and the skills needed for the use of these in new and changing situations.
- To develop students’ ability to:
- Select and use information from a variety of sources
- Form hypotheses, predict outcomes and to solve problems
- Collect, present and interpret experimental and empirical data
- Communicate scientific ideas and arguments logically and concisely.
Students will begin working towards level 2 qualifications, currently GCSEs - Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The specification followed is Edexcel and all students in Year 9 will study the following modules: Biology module B1; Chemistry module C1; Physics module P1.
Please see the Year 10 and 11 Science Curriculum page for more detailed information on the whole course and the units covered.
Regular testing at the end of topics
There are no regular Science clubs.
Pupils may request a science mentor from Year 12.