|1||2RS - All Y10 Medical Ethics off timetable all day||3||4|
|5||6||7External Student Family Day||8||9||10Y12 to Y13 Opt in||11|
|19||20||21Y8 Parents Evening||22||23||24||25|
|2||3||4||5Parent Drop InArts EventHouse DanceSpring Concert||6||7Staff Training Day||8|
|23||24||25Open MorningHead Girl Assembly||26Junior Maths Challenge Y8||27Open Morning||28||29|
|2||3||4Birmingham HE Conference tbc||5||6||7||8|
|9||10||11||12||13||14End of Term||15|
Religious Studies Year 7
- Through the Year 7 curriculum pupils will have the opportunity to:
- Explore, discuss and reflect on their ideas about God and the ideas of others.
- Pose questions and explore responses to question about the nature of God.
- Explore, interpret and evaluate religious symbolism and story as forms of religious expression.
- Consider the ways in which different religions are similar/different.
- Explore religions leader as a source of religious authority.
- Develop their understanding of the links between the belief and behaviour.
- Practice the applications of religious beliefs and teachings.
This work in year 7 will consolidate levels of attainment and pupils should achieve Level 4 by the end of the year.
Unit one: Beliefs about God.
Pupils will explore Hindu and Christian belief about the nature of God and the ways in which believers express their beliefs through metaphors, similes, stories and images.
Unit two: Where do peoples beliefs core from.
Pupils will explore religious leaders (e.g. the Guru’s) as sources of religious authority and consider how their teachings might influence the behaviour of individuals.
Unit three: Stories and meanings.
Pupils will explore the nature of religious stories and interpret their meaning. They will consider and begin to evaluate the value of religious stories as a source of religious knowledge.
Unit four: Festivals.
Pupils will explore the purpose of festivals and the ways which festivals reinforce beliefs and values.
Pupils will be formally assessed at the end of each unit of work.
There are a variety of informal assessment tasks incorporated into each unit.
Students can join the Fair Trade Committee and Eco Committees by becoming a form representative.